Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday...back to the grind!

Well so much for a rested vacation...it sure doesn't take long to have all the R&R from vacation drained away. Who am I kidding? Even though I thought I had prepared myself for what would be a busy week, I clearly had no idea just how long today would be. And on top of that, we travel to West TN tomorrow so I can't even enjoy being home and sleeping in my own bed. Oh well...such is life. At least with work being busy this week will hopefully fly by just as fast. Nothing like unpacking a suitcase only to pack another one.
Since today was long, I skipped the gym and went to get some groceries from Trader Joes, especially since I was working late in Green Hills. I had a giftcard from Christmas that I got at a gift exchange and after having some Trader Joe goodies at Matt & Ruthann's over the weekend, I figured I would do my grocery shopping from there. AND I was actually surprised that there prices on a whole weren't as expensive as say Publix or Whole Foods. After talking shop (health food/exercise) with Ruthann while in NY, I shopped with an eye out for things high in protein and I found some pretty tasty things that I cant wait to try. And for the sweet tooth, I bought the yummy Coffee Ice Cream. Who cares that it's 20 degrees outside....it's never a bad time to have ice cream. Now, if I could just cut out the soft drinks and coffee. Eh, you got to start somewhere, right?

No comments: