Wednesday, January 21, 2009

NYC....Here I Come....

I cannot even begin to tell you how EXCITED I am to be heading to NYC this afternoon and I am excited for multiple reasons. First and foremost, I get to see my friend Ruthann and we'll get to spend lots of quality time together. Ruthann and I met as freshman back in 1993 while attending Pensacola Christian College (we agree our friendship was the only positive thing that came out of that school experience) and we've been kindred friends ever since then. We've been through 16 years of life together and she's about to be a mom for the first time and I am simply elated that I get to share in this chapter of her life...it only makes my visit that much better! And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Secondly, it's New York City. Other than a quick 3 hours spent back in the summer of 1996 while attending a wedding, I basically have never been in the city. I have a short of list of things that I want to do and see. I can't wait to walk in Central Park, go to a Broadway show, ride the subway, eat yummy food, see all the fancy stores (i sound like a country bumpkin), etc. etc.

And, Since I can't seem to maintain my blog these days and Ruthann is much more on top of things than I am, I am sure that she'll be posting pics faster than me...simply go to Ruthann's Blog.

1 comment:

cathryn said...

Have fun! (And even though you'll be in exciting NYC, I sincerely hope you are going to watch the LOST season premiere tonight...or at least TIVO it for gawds sake!) :)