Sunday, January 25, 2009

Farewell NYC

Time sure does fly when your having fun and it's already time for me to pack my bags and head back to TN. Sunday was my last day and we decided to sleep in and listen to a sermon from home...after all it's freezin' up here and the 7 train isn't running this weekend so it was easier to enjoy the day in. We did venture out for a little fresh air especially since Ruthann and Matt live on the waterfront and have a great view of the city across the Hudson. I had to take some last photos to remember my trip by.


Can you tell that we are freezing our butts off. The wind made it almost unbearable.
Nothing like New York City
A view of the city and the Queensboro Bridge

From the waterfront, we wandered to their local grocery store since they needed some more milk and also wanted me to see how expensive your everyday groceries were. Ridiculous, indeed but nice that they have a grocery store across the street from their building. It definitely makes me appreciate the fact that I can hop in my car and get anywhere I need to go with little hassle or effort. Once we got back in from the cold, we enjoyed a lazy afternoon and watched a movie before we had to part ways. It was a wonderful trip and I had some much fun spending quality time with Ruthann. I can't wait to visit her again, when it's warmer outside and of course I can't wait to meet Little Bean. Aunt Terah is excited to see you!!

No comments: