Friday, January 23, 2009

Central Park & the City

Another fun day spent in the city! We enjoyed another day of sleeping in and Matt made us pancakes this morning for breakfast....they were so delicious! I could get used to having someone make me breakfast at home :) We then got ready and headed into the city. We walked around Ruthann's old neighborhood and went to a couple fun shops. We popped into JG Melon to enjoy lunch and once again, I was not disappointed. They have the best "real" hamburgers! From there we headed decided it was time to walk off all our meals, so we headed to Central Park. The weather today was perfect to be outside and we took full advantage of it. Here are some fun pictures from the park.






The Bethesda Fountain in Central Park
Ruthann and I in Central Park

I love Central Park
From the park we headed over to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was spectacular and I will have a separate post so you can see some of the variety of artwork and exhibits I was able to breeze through. This museum is totally overwhelming and there is no way to be able to see it in one visit but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Some of my favorite exhibits were the Musical Instruments, Medival Art, Arms and Armour, European Paintings, 19th and Early 20th Century Paintings and Sculptures and the European Sculpture Court. I have pictures from all of these areas that I will post later.


After spending another full day out and about in the city, we headed home for a relaxing evening at home. Matt once again was our hero when he brought home the most delicious pizza ever! Don't get me wrong, I have had some great pizza while in Chicago but this NY style is also quite enjoyable. We rented a movie called "Appaloosa" which from the previews looked like a great western but it was totally lame. We gave it a 2 (if that tells you how bad it was). After some computer time, we got ready for bed and for another full day tomorrow.

No comments: