Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And here we go....

Back to the routine of life. The holidays are over and my travels has ceased, momentarily and now it's time to get back into some sort of routine. Work has been good mostly because my boss is still out of town so our communications have been via email and phone calls...and while I still have plenty to do, it has allowed me to create my own routine. I must say it's so nice to pretty much be your own keeper of the schedule. I don't have a rigid work-day schedule or specified lunch breaks...its nice to just let my day unfold on it's own accord. Then there is the much needed routine of getting back in shape. I currently have planned 5 days each week that I can work out and of course, if things should come up that would not allow me to workout, backup plans have been devised. So far so good!

Monday was a day spent with travels to West TN for work and thankfully, I made it back in time to get in a run and also meet up with friends to see Joel & Luke perform at the Exit Inn. It's been about a month since I got out and saw live music and I must say that I love doing that. It's great to get an up-close view of musicians and to be able to study them while they perform. It's no shock that I love all things musical and that's why I am so excited that my friend Patrick is going to give me guitar lessons. I have a musical background but have always longed to learn to play the guitar....so there is no better time than the present!

Last night my friend Cathryn hosted our book club. We didn't meet in December because of the busy-ness of the season and yet, I still managed to NOT read the book. I know....I know.....what the point of being in a "book club" if you don't read the book. I can throw out many excuses but reading has always been a challenge and maybe...just maybe this will be the year that I finally get into reading....year round. Don't get me wrong...I do read books....it's more the issue of being consistent. I pick up and start many a books...it's the follow thru that gets me. Maybe I am a bit ADD when it comes to reading. Who knows....

1 comment:

cathryn said...

Look at you and your fancy new blog! :) And don't worry, we use the term "book club" loosely...it was nice to just see you and hang out!