Friday, July 11, 2008

On the road again....

Well I am on the road once again...this time I am heading south for our annual family vacay. It was a much busier week than I had anticipated despite the family being out of the country and it seemed like everything came down the pipe on Thursday but such is life. I worked super late on Thursday night and had a full day on friday before I hit the road around 2:30pm. I used my travel time wisely and was able to catch up with some friends on the tele that is until I hit this major bad storm just north of Montgomery, AL. I can't even remember the last time I had to drive in such bad weather...it was super scary! I took this picture from my car when I thought I was through the storm. You can see the very distinctive storm clouds and those clouds seemed a bit ominous to me.
Anyways...it did downpour once more before eventually clearing up. And when I saw the sunshine to my right and dark clouds to my left I saw in the midst the biggest rainbow I have seen in quite some time. Had to take a picture of that as well (you can almost see the double rainbow)
I pulled into my sister's house in Pensacola a little after 9 pm and was glad to be out of the car. We made a quick run to Starbucks with our friend Shane and then we enjoyed an hour or so playing on the Wii. Amy had rented this game called "Big Brain Academy" and it was much fun. We played in teams and I have to brag that Shane and I smoked Amy and Erin. We beat them 6 matches in a row! After they had enough of that, we all did some Wii bowling and then it was bed time. A great start to some vacation time for me!

No comments: