Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A short hiatus...

Wow...I cannot believe that it's already been like almost 2 weeks since I've been able to blog. Obviously things have been so crazy busy with work that I haven't had much time to stop and blog. So let me see if I can bring you all up to speed.

The past two weeks have been spent helping prepare for the Ayers Foundation Scholars Banquet. This was the 9th annual event that they host each year to celebrate the students that will be attending college in the fall. Here is a link to the article that The Jackson Sun wrote up about the evening. I thought the event was a huge success and it really brought back memories of all the events I used to work with at Focus on the Family. I just felt totally in my element working this event. The Governor's staff that I worked with that night (The Governor of Tennessee was our key note speaker) also paid me a great compliment to my boss, which totally affirmed all the hard work that I had put into the event. The family is constantly on the go which obviously keeps me on the go but I really am so blessed to have this new job and I absolutely love what I do!

So I am looking forward to the long weekend for the 4th of July. I will be heading back to Evansville to spend the holiday with my family. Actually, the entire family including cousins and their families are coming to Evansville. It will be a really special time to be with all our family and spend quality time with our grandparents (especially since my grandfather's health continues to deteriorate). I think it's been four years since we all got together so even though it will be chaotic at times, it should be fun. I am also doing a 5k with my dad on the 4th of July morning so that will be fun too! Just looking forward to being with my family and I am sure to have pictures to post throughout my visit.

No comments: