Saturday, September 13, 2008

Another Bluebird on the Mountain

So I got another free ticket (accommodating up to 8 peeps) to the Bluebird on the Mountain event on Saturday night. This time we heard tunes from the likes of J. Fred Knobloch, Thom Schuyler, Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson (harmonica) and Don Schlitz, winner of 2 Grammy's as well as four ASCAP Country Songwriter of the Year awards. My fave singer/songwriter was Don Schlitz. His name didn't ring any bells with me but I most definitely recognized his hits. His first hit as a songwriter was Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler" and his other number one singles including "Forever and Ever Amen" by Randy Travis and "When You Say Nothing at All" by Keith Whitley. I absolutely LOVE the song "When You Say Nothing at All" as performed by Alison Krauss and he played that one. And I love to hear a songwriter play and sing their own song because it always seems to have such an organic feel to it.
Anywho...a great time was had by all and here is a couple pics from the evening with friends.


Now....I had to take a picture of this sign. Needless to say that when Tim, Matt and I saw it the last time we were quite perplexed as to it's meaning. I had to take a picture to show you so that if you can interpret the meaning, please let me know. It's the most bizarre sign I've seen in quite a while.

2 comments:

cathryn said...

Baby Changing Facilities. I'm pretty sure that's what the sign indicates - that in addition to the restroom being handicapped accessible, it also offers baby changing facilities.

Jen said...

I believe I have to agree with Cathryn. It's an 'accessible' restroom for everyone! haha. :)