Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stress Relief

Well despite my self-denial of being stressed, I have found a great stress reliever....it's called exercise! And despite a hectic work schedule and all the preparations going into this big event on the 19th, I am making the time to workout. Not only does it help to relieve stress and tension, it just all around makes me feel better. I guess there is something to those happy little endorphins that get released when we workout :)
Monday night I promptly stopped working around 5pm and headed to a spin class at the YMCA. I can't tell you the last time that I did spinning but it's such a solid 45 mins of cardio that I knew it would be just what the doctor ordered. Sadly, my fave Monday night spin instructor was replaced by another instructor that I have named "sprints" because that is basically all we did. But that's the one good thing about spinning...you can make the workout what you want it to be so I pushed where need be and added more resistance to get a better workout.
Tuesday night I actually had to work at PBK and was not motivated enough to get up early and workout in the morning. But tonight, I met up with my friends Tim and Matt and we did about an hour of running/jogging/walking in the Green Hills/Belmont area. We set a pretty good pace and it was so much fun to just have company. And seeing that I haven't been running at all lately I was glad that I could keep up and do what I did. Hopefully we'll be able to make this a weekly routine.
Tomorrow night I am heading back the Y to check out a new sports conditioning class that Jen told me about. It's a new class and is basically all cardio but it sounds rather "fun" so I am going to make that class.
Exercise....it really does a body good!

1 comment:

RU said...

amen sister :) and I got a good dose of it today also! Sounds like a good plan to burn off some steam :)