Sunday, September 7, 2008

Precious Grandparents

I was able to attend the church that I grew up in while home this weekend and I got to sit with my grandparents in church. I sang the old hymns while harmonizing with my grandmother's sweet voice and was moved to tears. Not because the song stirred my soul but because I know that life is precious and it is also fleeting. I have been blessed to have had my grandparents in my life for as long as I can remember and I simply treasure every moment that I get to spend with them as the years continue to pass. While in church, I noticed that my grandparents were holding hands and the word "precious" came to mind. It's having been witness to their relationship for as long as I can remember that just encourages me to wait for God's best for my life...and I know that HE has great things in store for me.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life.

Isaiah 43:4

RU said...

Love the haircut :) Glad it was a good visit with family