Sunday, September 21, 2008

Did you think that I disappeared?

I sure felt like I fell off the face of the planet...I just got back midday yesterday from a week spent working in East TN and when I say "working", I mean busting my rear working. It was such a loooong week and I am so glad to be back in Nashville. Everything came together last week and yet, another successful event has been notched on my belt. When I came home yesterday, I took a much needed power nap, did some laundry and watched the Chicago Cubs clinch the NL Central division. But I still felt like there was something else I should be doing...my body was having a hard time relaxing after having spent 6 days going at warp speed. Anyways, I went to my friend Patrick's birthday party in Nashville last night and then enjoyed a good nights sleep in my own bed. It's so great to be back in my own space.
I actually played hookie from church today since one now has to be cautious about conserving gas. I can't believe that the crazy, panicked people in Nashville have created the gas outage. That's right...i said outage. You'll be lucky to find any gas this weekend and if you do, one can expect to wait an hour or more in line to get gas for your vehicle. Quite frankly, it's so ridiculous that the more I think about it, it just pisses me off. After driving to the party last night I only had a quarter of a tank left and since church is about 30 miles away one way, I decided to skip church (I can actually watch the services online anyways), sleep in (which was actually nice to do) and just enjoy a lazy morning at home. Like i said...it's great to be back home....home sweet home.

1 comment:

RU said...

YES, I thought you did vanish! I wondered what was up. Glad it was a successful event :)
Gas shortage? What the heck? I don't understand why.