Saturday, September 6, 2008

Stressed Much?

I don't feel stressed but I guess that I have been because my body is starting to react to the stress that I guess I am in denial about. I feel like a month or so of busy-ness with work and trying to work extra at PBK and the increase in social activities has finally caught up with me and I am feeling a bit stressed. So much that it's worn down my immune system, affecting my sleep patterns and I have been having bad backaches, constant headaches and crazy fatigue. I broke down and went to my doctor on Friday who tells me that I have a sinus infection and that I am stressed. Really?!? She gave me a prescription for antibiotics, muscles relaxers and gave me a shot on the spot to put a little "pep in my step". My immediate reaction was "That shot won't make me sleepy will it, because I have a million things to do this afternoon..." to which my doctor replied with a laugh and simply "chill out". (Ps. I do have the best doctor ever). She told me that I should also get a massage because my back was super tight...can you write a prescription for that??

I don't necessarily feel stressed but I guess that's the funny thing about being living in denial. If I stop to think about it....I guess I do stress from time to time...after all, no one is perfect. Work has been hectic and we have a really big event that I in the midst of planning for and I'm stressed that I haven't been able to workout at night because of other time commitments like working at PBK or spending time with friends. I think I even stress about not being able to blog more often. Argh...I just feel like there is not enough time in the day to get it all done. Maybe I need to step back and regroup...prioritize my time...any suggestions?

Anywho...the shot did give me a little boost on Friday so I drove home to Indiana this weekend (as planned) to see my family but didn't' get to run the 10k i had registered for. My doctor told me that I should probably just rest instead of running so that is what I did...well tried to anyways. I went to my nieces soccer game this morning and it was so nice outside. Sunshine, light breezes and in the low 70's...so beautiful :) This is the same soccer field that I grew up playing on some 20+ years ago. Memories...

I had a very productive rest of the day and manged to get my oil changed on my car, had a hair appointment, shopped with my mom, visited with my grandparents and had dinner with friends. It was a great day :)

2 comments:

RU said...

YEAH, looks like a good weekend :) Glad that you were able to get away and rest!

cathryn said...

Ummmm...that doesn't sound like a very relaxing or restful weekend. In fact, it sounds like it was jam-packed just like all of your weekends.

Sometimes a person needs to do NOTHING. NOTHING. Just being by yourself and doing nothing important or productive or social. If that means disappointing family or friends, or missing out on some potential fun, so be it. You gotta give yourself a break from time to time. I know you're a big proponent of "me time" but if you don't make the time for some serious "me time", it doesn't do any good.

Here's hoping you start to feel better and make some time for yourself to do nothing SOON! :)