Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back to the grind...

Well my vacation was so great and I can't believe that I've already been back to the grind for two days. I actually had to do some work stuff on Monday while I was technically still on vacation but it was just a couple quick phone calls and some emails. Nothing too crazy. I definitely will say that I have built job security like I have never had before. I was only gone two "business" days and I came back to plenty of "i missed you" and "what would I ever do without you" as well as a 2 page list of things to do. Oh, i love my job (slight sarcasm).

Last night was our first book club meeting. I have never even had the slightest care to join a book club but since I am trying to overcome a disorder known as "seasonal reader", I thought this would be the best form of therapy and accountability. Our first book was nothing over stimulating or remotely interesting...just the same ole spin of modern chick lit. I did think a couple parts were funny but we all agreed that it was pretty lame. I have already started reading our next book though and I can tell you that it's already ten times better.

I guess vacationing on a Monday is one way to make sure your work week is short because it's already Thursday which means another weekend is lurking around the corner. Other than some plans tomorrow evening, I am looking forward to a weekend of no set plans. Of course, I do hope to be productive and get some things done that I've been wanting to do but it's so exciting to not have a million things already planned. I have been somewhat inspired by my friend Becky to redecorate my bedroom. That space has been driving me crazy for a while so I am going to try and refresh the space. I learned from Becky that a can of spray paint does wonders :) We shall see!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spray Paint....the decorator's duct tape!