Monday, October 6, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was all that I had hoped it would be. I had nothing planned or really scheduled for my weekend and it was great to spend it at home. I slept in a little on Saturday and enjoyed a lazy morning. I then ventured out to Home Depot with my roomie to look at mums and pumpkins and also bought my spray paint. We then had lunch at The Corner Pub on Hwy 100 and it was evident to both of us that Jonathan's was no longer our favorite place to eat in Bellevue. (they should have never done away with the steak fries...that's all I'm saying). Once we got back home, we both worked on getting the mums potted and did a great little job of cleaning off our front porch.(see picture below)


I then thought that it was about time to tackle my grand idea of repainting my wicker furniture. My friend Becky had inspired me to use spray paint and it was a fairly easy project. What she failed to tell me was the strain that my forearm/hand would have while painting. I managed to get through with the painting before any major cramping but on Sunday I could barely write (note to self, use left hand next time). All in all, I felt very accomplished and was pleased with the outcome. Now I somehow have to compose a team to help me spray paint my wicker dresser. Here are my before and after photos

Before

After

This is what I use it for in my room.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful!

RU said...

Yeah for down time at home- it does a body good :)
The stand looks great- is that just a brown spray paint? Good color choice- more modern.
HUGS :)