Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend with the Girls

So my mom, sister Holly and niece Elaysha came down to Nashville this weekend to have our annual "Girl's Weekend" which always includes lots of shopping :) They got in around 8:30 on Friday night so Holly and I and Crazy Amy took Elaysha to see the late showing of High School Musical 3. It was opening night and Elaysha is a huge fan so it was fun to be able to see this through a 7 year olds eyes. I also have to say that I was really surprised to see so many college age girls in the theater but it made for a fun viewing. Everyone laughed at all the cheesey humor (which was like every 5 minutes) and the girls screamed whenever Zac Efrons character was on the screen. OH to be young again! We took some pictures before hand while we waiting in line. Fun times!
Elaysha and Crazy Amy posing with HSM Cast

I had to join in the picture of course!

Then we had to get all of us in the picture
We slept in a little on Saturday morning and I was able to get up and get in a 2 mile run on the treadmill and then we headed to downtown Franklin for Pumpkinfest (think fall street festival). Elaysha first stopped at the Publix booth and got to decorate a cookie with Halloween treats.

Then we headed down Main Street and stopped into some of the stores along the street. Then Elaysha and I stopped to paint pumpkins. I thoroughly enjoyed this as it was such a stress relieving activity and so much fun to be able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine and quality time with my niece.

We even had a celebrity sighting while enjoying the festivities. I spied Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman and baby Sunday Rose strolling down main street. I have seen Keith and Nicole many times in town but it was fun to see them as a family and to see them as just another normal family enjoying the festivities. And of course, thanks to my paparazzi sister, you have this photo to see for yourselves (well it's a shot from behind but you can totally tell it's them..black suits)
After we had seen the sights of Pumpkinfest we headed to Old Time Pottery and then onto the outlets at Opry Mills for some serious shopping. We had such a full day that we enjoyed a relaxing evening at home with pizza, watched college football and Elaysha enjoyed the oversized tub in the master bath. Sunday was church, lunch and a little more shopping at Kohls. Then it was time to get the family back on the road to Indiana and some downtime for me. We had such a great weekend and Elaysha also loved getting to spend as much time as possible with Pinko (the families dog) so I had to post this picture.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Haha - looks like a wonderful weekend! I'm so jealous - you got to pose with the HSM3 cast????? J/k - I am aware that those were only cutouts. :)

How funny that Nicole and Keith were walking down the street in Franklin - but it doesn't seem that anyone was stalking them....except you guys, that is. :)