Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend in Columbus

To say that my life has busy lately is a tad bit of an understatement and this weekend it didn't stop. I ventured on a road trip with my friend Crazy Amy and Claire. We drove to the ATL and stayed with Claire's family on Friday night and then we headed south to Columbus on Saturday afternoon to see my friend Alabama Jen (even though she really should be called Georgia Jen...but it doesn't sound as good to me as Alabama Jen). Anywho...the wild thing is that Crazy Amy spent a good part of her childhood living in Columbus with her family so it was fun to see her travel down memory lane. Jen took us to downtown Columbus and to the riverwalk on Saturday afternoon and here are some pics from the afternoon:


My friend Alabama Jen
Amy took these pictures of some old downtown buildings and they turned out great.

Jen works at the River Center Theater in downtown Columbus and she gave Amy and I comp tickets to that evenings show called "Celtic Crossroads". I have always loved all types of music but this music or should I say the musical talent of these people literally left me speechless. It was such a good show. Afterwards, we were all starving so we went to grab a bit to eat and then went to this old Irish pub called Scruffy Murphy's and sat out on the back patio (actually it was the back of the building that was missing it's roof) catching up. Nothing like good conversation among friends.
Crazy Amy and I on the patio

Jen and I


It was the best Saturday night spent catching up with old friends and making new ones. I think we all wound down somewhere around 2 am. Sunday was another busy day of travel so we didn't get to sleep in really. We drove around Columbus and found the old homes that Amy and her family lived in and then we got to have a classy brunch at none other than a Waffle House! We said goodbyes and then drove back up to Atlanta and made a quick stop at Phipps Plaza and then picked up Claire at her families and headed back to TN. We tried to take a dinner break in Chattanooga and eat at Sticky Fingers but they were out of a good majority of their food (are you serious...really?!?) so we ended up grabbing a bite to eat at another downtown restaurant that's name has escaped my mind at the moment but it was good.

It was a great whirlwind weekend and another fun road trip to add to my book of memories. But to say that I am a little tired is an understatement. This week is going to be crazy busy as I get the family ready to leave the country. No rest for the weary!

No comments: