Thursday, October 23, 2008

It just doesn't stop...

That is the work just doesn't stop because my boss is out of the country. When I tell people that they are gone, they always act like I am enjoying a vacation or something...NOT hardly! I feel like I have spent the better part of this week just digging myself out of the mounds of work that have been piled on top of me over the past couple of weeks prior to their departure. At least I can say that I have "job security" and at least I don't have too much new stuff coming in.

Today I got to attend my first meeting representing The Ayers Foundation and met with the CEO of Bethlehem Centers of Nashville . I got to share the mission of the Ayers Foundation and talk with them about the foundation and then got to learn more about the Bethlehem Centers as well as take a tour. The highlight for me was to be able to walk through their onsite daycare/childcare center and to see those precious kids (3-5 year olds). We caught them as they were finishing up lunch and getting ready for nap time but they were so friendly and gave us a warm welcome. To know that some of those kids have been exposed to less that perfect environments and yet organizations like Bethlehem Centers is there for them to take care of them, teaching them how to read, etc and giving them unconditional love...well it really touched me! I cant think of a better way to spend my morning.

Despite keeping busy, at least I feel like this week has been pretty productive. I've even got up early twice this week and ran a couple miles on the treadmill before starting my work day. I am hoping that I can get everything wrapped up today and I plan on taking a "mental health" day tomorrow. I know that I am waiting on some phone calls and return emails but just to have some scheduled downtime would be great! A girl can dream....

1 comment:

RU said...

My you have been busy!
I hope you got your "down time day"???
Fun to be spotting celebrities around town eh?