Monday, October 20, 2008

What Weekend?

I sure don't feel like I had much of a weekend but what little I did get to enjoy was good. Friday night I worked at Pottery Barn Kids which was fun because I got to work with my close friend and previous boss, Caron. We always have such a great time working together! And somehow I found enough energy after getting off work to go hang out with my friends Patrick and Tim. Patrick had a small group over to watch "scary" movies but I of course had to come late because of work. We ended up watching a scary movie comedy called "Shaun of the Dead". If you like and get the British humor along with "scary" movie themes then you would enjoy this. I thought it to be quite hilarious and not so scary.
Since I didn't get home until 2 am, I slept in on Saturday morning and enjoyed a relaxing morning watching tv and catching up on some magazine reading. I then managed to pull myself off the couch around 1pm and spent the next 3 hours cleaning out my closet. You might ask how someone could spend so much time on just a closet...well I have a small obsession with clothes, shoes, handbags, etc. so that along with the seasonal wardrobe switch and a trip to the goodwill to get rid those old items adds up to the 3 hours. It was much needed! I then grabbed a quick bit to eat for an early dinner and met my friend Bri for a movie in Franklin. We saw "The Secret Life of Bees" which I thought to be heartwarming despite some sad moments.
Sunday was a busy day filled with Sunday School and church and then a quick brunch with some friends before I headed back to Pottery Barn Kids to work again. I got out early which was nice and then headed back to my house to get some more stuff to take with me to move in to the mini-mansion. I will be there mostly while the family is out of the country. I am totally comfortable there and just makes sense since I have to take care of the dog and can work from the office at the house. It's a great home away from home.

2 comments:

RU said...

nice- always fun to stay in a mini-mansion.
I want photos of your new environment for the week :)

cathryn said...

Hey - you should have a scary movies slumber party at the mini-mansion...REAL scary movies. C'mon, Pinko would luv it! ;)