Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Stop and smell the wildflowers



So I braved the 100 degree temperatures that I previously vented about and went to Edwin Warner State Park after work tonight to run my favorite 2.1 mile loop. I would say that it felt like running in an oven but of course I've never actually ran in an oven. Needless to say it was pretty darn hot. Even my plan to run with a cold water bottle to stay hydrated was foiled as the water was warm by the time I started the second loop. Yes, you heard me right, I run the loop twice. Anywho, in the midst of the warm water, humid heat and goosebumps from my body trying to cool itself down, I came up the second hill and had to stop and take a picture of the beautiful field of wildflowers.
Sometimes we get so distracted by things in life that we forget to stop and enjoy the small and beautiful things that are right in front of us.

2 comments:

cathryn said...

You run with your camera. Heh. ;-)

RU said...

I love that you had your camera with you- true kindred spirit :) I never go anywhere without mine! Gotta love you, girl.