Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Whew...it's H-O-T

I know that I am not alone when I say that it's hot outside...but my goodness...it is HOT outside. Luckily it's only been this way since the middle of last week and of course I know that it's August but what I wouldn't give for say, some temps in the middle 70's with a gentle steady breeze. Is that too much to ask for? I think not!
Now, I know that these southerns would say they prefer the heat and would tell me to quit my whining, that the nasty cold will be here before you know it but as my friend Jen often reminds me I am originally a Yankee. Therefore, I'm "crazy" for loving the fall and winter season as much as I do. BUT I'll guarantee that most people right now would agree with me and say that they would prefer being cold and trying to get warm than being hot and trying to keep cool.

I hope everyone is able to "enjoy" these hot days and maybe you are even lucky enough to do so by lounging at the pool/beach. I know that I am looking forward to one more beach vacation at the end of this month and then I will be ready for a new season.

PS: And for all you other "yankees" and fellow fall/winter enthusiasts, the first day of Autumn is only 45 days away. YIPPEE!

2 comments:

cathryn said...

Coming from a fellow Yank: I'm wit' ya sistah! Bring on the cooler temps!

RU said...

Boy do I ever agree with you on the heat factor. This stinkin humidity has me all cranky and wishing for the California dry heat! Ugh, I just want some blue sky and liveable weather...I mean tornadoes in NYC???? Give me a break! We're not in Kansans anymore, friend.