Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Traditions

Well it's great to be home for the holidays. Our holidays are rich in family traditions and quite frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Our festivities begin on Christmas Eve when my parents host the family over for dinner. The "family" consists of my immediate family, my mother's brothers and all their extended family, my mom's parents (aka Grandma and Grandpa Quirey) and my dad's sister, Aunt Sue. It has been this way for as long as I can remember. I realize as I get older that it's truly a blessing to have a close-knitted family. After we indulge ourselves with a feast, we go to my grandparents house to exchange presents, eat desserts and watch holiday movies. I, along with my dad, usually attend the Christmas Eve candlelight service and this year I participated in the service by singing one of my favorite Christmas hymns, "Silent Night". We got home a little after midnight and it was fast to sleep for me as it's early to rise on Christmas day for more traditions.
Me and Elaysha by the Christmas tree

Christmas Eve dinner with Amy and the family

Tiffany and Tammy and I in height order :)
All of the girl cousins (and we are missing some)
Baby Lincoln (son of Josh and Hannah Quirey)
Baby Savannah (daughter of cousin Andrew)
Elaysha and I at Grandma's house
Elaysha and Baby Lincoln in their festive attire.

1 comment:

RU said...

Looks like fun times! I am excited to see you in just a few short weeks :)