Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More Hustle than Bustle

I know the season is full of the hustle & bustle but let me tell you....this week has been absolutely INSANE! I knew looking at my daytimer that it would be a busy week for the simple fact that I had things planned almost every evening this week, but what I didn't anticipate was cram-packed days of running back and forth between the office downtown and the home office. I don't mind driving but the past 3 days has been nothing but gloomy, wet weather and most people in TN don't know how to drive in wet weather....add in extra traffic in the Green Hills area for holiday shopping and it equates to my road rage :( Boo Hiss!

And if that isn't enough to put me in a bit of a sour mood, I realized that my digital camera has died...that's right...dunzo! I noticed that it wasn't holding a battery charge very long on Saturday night and I suspected that the rechargeable batteries I have been using forever had finally tuckered out but when I put in brand new, fully charged batteries and got the same low battery warning (which keeps my camera powered off) I knew it was over. Now I am sure that I could take it to a camera shop and that some weird battery connection in my camera needs to be fixed, but for the cost to repair, I could just buy a brand new camera. SO, looks like I'll be treating myself to an early Christmas present, as I can't possibly go without a camera.

And on a happy note, my friend Crazy Amy and I went to see Jon McLaughlin and Colbie Caillat. This concert has been the bright spot in my week so far but then again that really is no surprise given how much I love music. I think I actually liked Jon McLaughlin better because well, not only is he easy on the eyes :) but his piano playing/vocal ability was quite mesmerizing. Unfortunately he was the opening act, so his set was only 7 songs deep. Colbie Caillat was also good...sounded just like her recordings but her stage presence was lacking. Nevertheless, it was a fun night out!

No comments: