Thursday, December 4, 2008

Making the best of it...

Well right about now I would have been in NYC enjoying the hustle & bustle of the city that never sleeps with my best friend, Ruthann BUT sometimes plans change. I haven't heard from her today but just praying that everything gets better with her health and that the baby stays healthy.
I told myself last night before I went to bed that everything would all work out but I woke up to a dreary day outside and I have to say it sort of matched how I felt on the inside. I was really looking forward to spending time with Ruthann. She is my longest and dearest friend and I miss her dearly. Anyways...so once I chatted with myself to "snap out of it" I preceeded on and got ready for a day of work. I stopped by my bosses house to touch base before their flight out and got a little reorganized. To my surprise...she gave me money to treat myself to a mani/pedi and also invited me and a guest to watch the Titans game on Sunday from their suite. What a nice treat given this otherwsie gloomy day.
So I'm having a very productive day from the office downtown...getting reorganized and caught up on all sorts of things since I plan to enjoy the day off tomorrow. I am going to do my best to get a silver lining out of this gray cloud :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

aww...I'm sorry to hear about RuthAnn - definitely praying for all of them. Hope your day gets much brighter. It's pretty gloomy around here too! Love