Sunday, October 7, 2007

Half Marathon F-U-N

Well this morning was the 4th Evansville Half Marathon and since I'm sitting here blogging about it you know that I survived. It was not my best run to say the least...the 93% humidity and 90 degrees plus temps does not make for the best race conditions. I thought that in October the temperatures are supposed to be in the 50's? Anywho, I started out with my dad and I had a great first 4 miles but the heat and such made it a challenge to settle in and get comfortable. What do you do when you still have 9 miles to go? You just keep on keeping on! My dad finished before me by about 15 minutes and was there with Holly and Elaysha to cheer me on at the finish. What a great feeling to finish! Here are some pictures below:


Almost to the finish line on the downtown riverfront


Dad crosses the finish line

Almost there...

We are the champions....

3 comments:

cathryn said...

I'm glad you didn't die :)

RU said...

good job, friend!!!
So proud of you

Brandi said...

Yeah for you!! What a fun memory for you and your Dad :-)