Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ministry through Music

Last night I had the opportunity to volunteer at 88.7 Way-FM , a local station that shares positive music and most importantly the Message of Christ. Although I usually listen to cd's while in my car, I do frequently listen to their morning show while getting ready for work and find that it's a great way to start my day. Everyone that I worked with last night was fun and easy to talk to and I have to say that it made me a little nostalgic for my days at Focus on the Family. I was blessed enough to be able to call Focus on the Family not only my employer but also my "family" for the entire 4 years that I lived in Colorado Springs.

The other thing that was impressed upon me last night was the power of music. I have always had a passion for music...just ask my mom who says the first time she felt me move in her womb was when she was singing in the choir. And not only do I love music and all the varieties out there but also because a song can hold a message. The message can be happy or sad, fun or angry. But the message you hear on stations like Way FM is an eternal message, a message of life and hope, forgiveness and unconditional love. I am so thankful we have stations like this out there and that HE speaks to us through music....

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so amazed at how God uses ordinary things (like music) in extraordinary ways. Good stuff.

Brandi said...

Music has always been a powerful element in my life. I was devastated when my toxemia when I was pregnant with Adriana ruined my voice. It's been two years, and I'm just getting to the point where I can almost sing in a register other than bass or tenor!! Remember the devo you and I did at Focus--you sang and I played the piano? Good times ;-) Miss you!!