Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday O' Fun Day

What better to way to start the day than with some great services from The People's Church and I was so excited that I was able to bring Amy and Charity to see my home church. I had been traveling the past 2 weekends so it was great to be back in my Sunday School Class and Pastor Rick started a new series entitled STUFF so it was perfect timing as I hate coming in on the middle of a teaching series. What was the first principle that we learned yesterday girls? GOD OWNS ALL OUR STUFF!
Anyways, Amy wanted to see my friend Caron and since she was working all day at Pottery Barn Kids we decided that we would kill two birds with one stone and have lunch in Green Hills. I introduced Amy and Charity to a great little grille called Cheeseburger Charley's. I know some would say that a burger is a burger, but this place is sort of set up like a Subway as in they grill up the meat of your choice (they have chicken too) and then serve it on the bun but you can dress it any which way you please and they have a "salad" bar of toppings. The decor is retro like a 50's diner so it's a fun place to lunch. I think we all left with happy tummies!

We visited with Caron at PBK and also made a quick run by Sephora. But we were all fading fast as for some of us (not dropping any names, Amy) it was way past our nap times. We got back home around 3 and napped, vegged and so forth but we couldn't rest too long as we had a concert to attend (or so we thought). I was so excited to show Charity a true taste of Nashvegas by taking her to a live show and it had worked out perfectly since Matt Nathanson and Ingrid Michaelson were playing at 3rd & Lindsley. We got there promptly an hour before hand to wait in line only to find out the show was sold out and we would not be able to get in :( Sadness...Oh well, we took some pictures in line (here's a great one of Charity and me) and we reverted to Plan B.
Since we were so close to downtown and all dressed up decided to peruse Broadway and the other happenings of downtown. So we parked right down by the river and walked over and up 2nd avenue. We were all kind of hungry and decided to eat dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Amy and I have been there many of times before but this was another first for Charity and I don't think she was disappointed. I even recommended my favorite dish which she tried and it even coordinated with her outfit (see picture below). The food was excellent and the conversation was good. I have to say that it was so nice to have Amy and Charity in town for the weekend.
We decided to rent a movie and just veg out at home since Monday would be filled with traveling and back to work for me. As we were walking the riverfront back to my car, we noticed this old statue of some soldier/frontiersman so all it took was a "dare you to get up their with the statue" and Amy took off. After a gentle shove from Charity, Amy was able to climb the big rock this Statue was on and we were able to snap a photo. Way to strike a pose, Amy!
It was a great weekend but as you can imagine super busy. It's only 7:30 on Monday night and I can barely keep my eyes open but I'm fighting through to get my laundry done...3 loads down and 1 more to go...and maybe watch a little Monday Night Football since the Colts are playing. But we shall see...something tells me that a good nights rest is just around the corner for me....Good Night, Sleep Tight!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hear you girls had a blast and it looks like it!