Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Ultimate Lamp

I have been so excited about this blog and I finally have found the time to write about it. I guess to truly appreciate the significance of this lamp, you will have had to seen (in my opinion) one of the best Christmas movies ever made called A Christmas Story. Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face like a kid on Christmas morning. And if by some chance you've never seen movie, I'd highly recommend watching it sometime in the upcoming holiday season. It's a classic!
So you might ask, "How does one come across the infamous leg lamp?". Well believe it or not, I found it in a bar. On Friday night, after a birthday dinner with Caron at Logan's we went to hear our friend Tam play at Bluesboro Bar & Grille. Since we were an hour late, we grabbed 2 seats at the bar and there she was. But there wasn't only one...they had a leg lamp in each corner of the bar. I was speechless and could not leave without a picture (see below). Next to hanging out with my closest friends, this was the highlight of my night!


3 comments:

cathryn said...

Oh, this is indeed THE ultimate lamp! How can any decor be complete without one...or two?

"Fra-gi-lay...it must be from Italy!"

"No, I think that says Fragile"

Ha! What a great movie - love it!

Jen said...

I can do one better...my dad actually has this lamp! HA! Crazy, I know!

Unknown said...

[Admiring his "major award"]
"It's... it's... it's indescribably beautiful! It reminds me of the Fourth of July!"

GREAT MOVIE!!!!