Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What month is it??

I could have sworn that it was October yet when I stopped by my local Walgreens to pick up some pictures this morning I was greeted by pre-lit Christmas trees, a Santa and a snowman. Huh?? I didn't know it was December already?

You would think that after spending 5 years of my life in the world of retail (where holidays are set up 3 months in advance) that I would be use to seeing Christmas decor now. Clearly, this tells me that I have been out of the "retail" loop for a while because seeing Santa in the window just totally caught me off guard. So I did some math and figured that the actual day of Christmas, December 25th, is only 69 days away...that's just a little over 2 months. I might have caused myself to panic because that means this year is almost over and I have no idea where it went, not to mention all the things that I wanted to accomplish or the stuff that needs to be done before the holidays...OK, somebody grab a paper bag ....deep breath in...deep breath out....

5 comments:

RU said...

YEP!! I feel your pain, NYC is already putting lights up around the city! argh. what is wrong with these people.... Halloween, Thanksgiving and THEN Christmas. geez!

Jen said...

There was definitely Egg-Nog at Wal-mart tonight. Do you really think it'll still be good at Christmas?

cathryn said...

And the 83 degree weather really isn't helping with the whole holiday surrealism.

Unknown said...

Well between the weather going from the 90's to the 60's to the 80's I don't know if it's Summer, Spring or Fall or what!?!?! But it is crazy to see Christmas stuff out, because I, like you, am wondering where in the world has this year gone? Have I done anything productive? LOL

Anonymous said...

I like pre-lit Christmas trees because I don't have to deal with the having to string my own lights. Especially since the ones I have always get tangled up no matter how carefully they are put away.