Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Getaway...

Well my weekend getaway was wonderful...it's just hard to be back in Nashville where it's cold outside and the piles of work are shouting my name. It was a great time and I've posted some pics below.
I love this picture of the beach...I could stay there all day.

My friend Amy took this picture...love it
Amy chasing a seagull...we don't call her "Crazy" for nothing


We spent Saturday morning at the beach in Destin, FL and of course I had to take Amy to the infamous Donut Hole. They have the best breakfast and donuts...ever! We couldn't play long in Destin because the whole purpose of this weekend trip besides seeing my sister and other friends was to attend the wedding of Charity and Peter. My sister Amy was the Maid of Honor and was a beautiful attendant.


I have the most beautiful sister

After the wedding and reception and cleanup, a small group of us ate dinner at the Chilli's and then myself, Crazy Amy and Alabama Jen had dessert at Roberts....good times! Sunday morning came awful early and we went to church with Amy and then drove to Pensacola Beach to eat lunch at Peg Leg Pete's. I had to take Crazy Amy there since it's all things pirate and she believes herself to be a pirate :) After lunch we got our car loaded up to head back to Nashville but had to make a quick stop to see Erin's puppy Chloe...or as I like to call her Chloe-monster (like cookie monster but instead of cookies she eats socks). She is the cutest puppy ever and I love this picture of her and Amy.


Needless to say that a road trip wouldnt be a road trip without crazy antics and laughable memories...especially when you've had little sleep before driving. We had to stop to get something to eat on the way home and randomly Crazy Amy had a vision at Arbys and I couldn't resist capturing the moment.
Crazy Amy grew a handlebar mustache on the way home.


3 comments:

Beach Weddings said...

Did you see any Destin Beach Weddings while you were in Florida ? The area is really popular.

Unknown said...

Destin beach is a popular place for beach weddings. Most of the beach area in the panhandle of Florida and Alabama are popular for beach weddings.Destin Beach wedding happen most every day in Destin Beach.

RU said...

NICE beach photos :)
Can't wait to hear more about your weekend!