Sunday, November 30, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Well it started on Tuesday night when my sister Amy drove up from Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We then left Nashville on Wednesday morning and made the trip to Indiana together. The girls (dad was working) hung out on Wednesday night and enjoyed pizza and watched the movie "Fred Claus". Thursday morning I got to sleep in a little bit before running a Turkey Trot (5k run) in downtown Evansville. I haven't been running very much lately but that clearly needs to change...especially after consuming the amounts of food on Thanksgiving day and this weekend. It was fun as always to have all the family together and we have much to be thankful for. I didn't take too many pictures on Thanksgiving day but here are a couple:
Four Generations of Quireys: Uncle Jeff, Grandpa, Baby Lincoln, Cousin Josh

Four Generations of the girls:

Friday started early with errands and some shopping (no...I was not shopping at 4 am) and then we celebrated Amy's birthday with dinner at Los Bravos and an delicious ice cream cake from Lics.
Saturday I enjoyed sleeping in again and then I spent some time visiting with my grandparents before I drove to St. Louis to see my friend Randi and her husband Erik. Randi and I enjoyed the late afternoon...shopping of course...and then we ordered in food and watched our traditional scary movie :) It was to bed and early to rise for me as I had to drive back to Indiana to pick up Amy and then back to Nashville so Amy could continue her drive back to FL. I will say that when I left St. Louis this morning at 6 am they had about 2 inches of snow on the ground and it was still falling....it was so beautiful and definitely put me in the Christmas spirit. Sadly, that could be the only snow I see this year as we typically don't get anything in Tennessee.

I got back to Nashville around noon, ate lunch, unpacked and did laundry and have mostly just been veggin. So nice to be home and just decompress from travels, etc. This week is going to be busy and short as I'll be flying to New York City on Thursday to spend the long weekend visiting with my friend Ruthann. I can hardly wait!

No comments: