Monday, November 19, 2007

Another "alone" filled weekend...

I enjoyed a wonderful weekend of nothing. Well it wasn't all nothing but it was very relaxing at times. Friday night I actually worked past 6 pm because of a big proposal deadline that is due tomorrow. Needless to say, I was in need of fun so I met up with a couple friends from Sunday school class at Dan McGuinness in Cool Springs. It must be the Irish in my blood because I am really enjoying all these Irish pubs in Nashvegas. Who knew?? The food and fellowship was needed after a rather yucky afternoon at work. They even had live Irish music which I enjoyed listening to and the crowd participation was excellent. Good times!
My sister Amy came in town later that night.. We got up somewhat early on Saturday and had breakfast and then she headed home to IN. I had nothing planned and the place to myself so I cleaned, cleaned and yep, cleaned some more. Mix in a little break every couple of hours to snack and catch up on some shows online and then throw in some more closet/storage organization. It was the perfect day with plenty of "alone" time.
Sunday was church and then I actually didn't feel all that great in the afternoon. I canceled my plans to see live music on Sunday night knowing that rest was needed as there is NO time to be sick this week. I talked to a couple friends & the family via phone, finished up my Bible study for tomorrow and took a little nap. I think the rest helped as I feel much better today!

2 comments:

cathryn said...

Sounds a lot like my weekend...well except for the Irish music...and the cleaning...and the feeling ill. Okay, never mind! It was only similar in that I also enjoyed plenty of "alone time" and relaxation :)

btw, i like your new page layout!

Jen said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Like the new layout.