Monday, November 5, 2007

Running in a storm...

No, I'm not trying to make this great analogy. I was determined to run outside, despite the early sunset and the storms that were looming on the horizon. Since the darkening skies were approaching I thought I would do the safe thing and run in the business park that I work in...just get in a 3-4 mile run. How safe can it be when those dark skies hold thunder and lightning...probably not that safe. It was a little windy but no rain. I think trying to out run a storm despite maybe not being the wisest decision sure did make for great speedwork. Or perhaps the fear of being struck down by lightning was all the motivation I needed to run fast. The storms were moving much faster than I had anticipated and i barely got in 2 miles before I decided that I still valued my life and the safest place to be was inside. It was still pretty awesome and yet scary to be in the midst of the storm.

No comments: