Saturday, November 10, 2007

Control Freak

So I tend to be a bit of a control freak but try being "in control" when you are running a house of 3 kids and 4 animals. Just when I think I'm in control...WHAM...something happens and I find myself on my knees, humbled and thanking GOD for always being in control.
Last night was pretty uneventful at the house. Who knew that making dinner could be such a chore...especially when you have kids that are so particular about what they eat. I was a picky eater as a kid (and some would still say I'm pretty picky) so I understand a little bit better how frustrating it must have been for my mom to make dinner each night while trying to make something that everyone would like/eat. I made a casserole that their mom had already prepared in advance along with green beans only to find out that neither one of them liked it. Their choice of words to describe how much they didn't like it was hilarious. So we found other dinner options for them and I enjoyed the Poppy Chicken Casserole and green beans. Yummy! The boys of course enjoyed staying up late because it was a Friday night but everyone was in bed by 10:15 and that included me. I could barely keep my eyes open so I didn't even attempt to read a book. I also made sure that the bedroom door was shut so I didn't have any nighttime distractions from the animals. YEAH!
So here we are on Saturday afternoon, it's been a pretty low key Saturday. The boys of course have been playing their video games and we also took a much needed break outside for some fresh air. I played a game of h-o-r-s-e with the older one and got beat of course (and not on purpose...i mean who wants to get beat by an 11 year old). I also pushed the 9 year old on the swing set until I thought my arm was going to fall off and helped create a tight-rope line with the 11 year old for an attempt that he could walk across. Fun times! This afternoon, I am going to take them to see The Bee Movie and then out to dinner. And I'm even feeling really adventurous and will attempt to get us all to the 11:00 service tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you're having fun! Maybe you could be a mom after all. :)

RU said...

Holy cow!! This is seriously making me re-think having kids!! I had forgotten how much work it is to attend tokids 24/7

Unknown said...

Let me tell you, even after almost 3 years of dating and taking time to play the mommy/wife role of getting dinner ready, making sure homework is done, fighting about what to watch on TV, what to eat...why the oldest is so mean to the middle child, and there's crying and fighting, but in the middle of all of that...there's good times...fun times..joy...but yeah there's not a whole lot of RESTING time!!! I'm happy and ready to take on that role..BUT alone time is necessary for everyone! I totally feel you in EVERY way on these blogs about babysitting.