Monday, November 12, 2007

Final adventures in babysitting...

Well I managed to survive the final day and a half of babysitting. Everyone was well behaved when we ventured into society and saw The Bee Movie and ate dinner on Saturday night. After protest from both boys about how boring church was, I decided that was a battle I would not take on, so we stayed home on Sunday morning. We all slept in which was nice and then after breakfast, we went exploring in the woods around their home, climbed the sycamore tree and played in their tree house (a.k.a. swing set/jungle gym). We had lunch and then the parents returned and I was back to my house by 2pm. I am so happy to be back to the single life.

After unpacking and making a quick trip to the grocery store, my friend Amy picked me up and we went to a cookout with our core group of friends from our Singles Sunday School Class. I enjoyed a great glass of wine and basked in good adult conversations. The fellowship was sweet and the food was delicious. We even made s'mores over the fire pit :-) It was the perfect way to end the day.

No comments: