Thursday, December 13, 2007

Back from the dead....i think...

On Tuesday I quickly went from bad to worse and by the end of the day was home and in bed...I was pathetic and miserable. Thankfully, I took a proactive approach to getting over whatever I had and went to the doctor on Tuesday morning. Don't you just love it when your illness gives someone else a good laugh? That's exactly what happened when the doctor took a looksy at my throat. She suspected strep even though the test was negative so being the good doctor that she is, she went ahead and prescribed a decongestant for my head cold and the good ole' ZPack for the sore throat/should it turn out to be strep. "Don't get the Zpack filled unless you still feel bad by the weekend", she said. I thought to myself "Why would I have to wait till the weekend to see if I feel better? I don't have time to be sick". Well Ifelt so bad by the end of the day, that I went ahead and got it filled and began the course of treatments immediately. I stayed home yesterday from work to "rest" and am back in the office today.

How do I feel? Well not 100%, that's for sure. I haven't really gotten a good night's rest since...well Friday night, so that's not helping me feel better. And although I'm excited about my sore throat being a thing of the past, I still feel tired and a little like my head is in a haze. Thankfully, I don't have alot planned for this weekend so hopefully I can get some rest. I do have a birthday party planned for my bestest friend Jen on Saturday night which hopefully will go off without a hitch because anytime they predict "snow" in TN people tend to freak out. We shall see. And Sunday I am supposed to do Christmas with my friend, Crazy Amy so that will be fun and probably low key. Like I said, there is literally no time to be sick right now...

1 comment:

RU said...

sorry you have not been feeling well :(
I am fighting it- Matt had a fever of 102 and welcomed me home with raspy coughs all night. Ugh!
I pray you kick it fast and can enjoy the season.
Merry Christmas