Monday, December 3, 2007

O Christmas Tree

So on top of an already great weekend, yesterday Jen and I went to get our Christmas tree and I have to say that in all my years of going to get a real tree, this was probably one of the best experiences I have ever had. We went to Home Depot on a mission to find a specific type of Christmas lights and were pleasantly surprised to find that they sell Christmas trees too. Taylor, our new Home Depot friend, was so patient with us as we inspected several trees before finding "the one", Fraser. (we named him after his family namesake,the Fraser Firs) Taylor took care of all the preparations for us to take Fraser home and it was a flawless transition. Here is a picture of Jen with Fraser:
Once we got Fraser settled into his new surroundings, we broke out all the Christmas decorations, played the Christmas music and decorated the home. I also learned that this was my roommates first live Christmas tree ever so it was a great "first" to be a part of and I couldn't help but capture the moment.

Here we are stringing the lights and hanging the ornaments

Our Christmas display in the living room...

Jen, Fraser & Me

After we got the house all decorated and stuff put away, we decided to watch one of our favorite holiday movies "Serendipity". I even baked some delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies. YUMMY! I don't know what it is about this time of year that just makes everything seem warm and cozy but I LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful!!! Can't wait to see it.

cathryn said...

Yay for Christmas!!

RU said...

HEy we just watched that movie a month ago :)
I have been tracing the steps through Macys, Serendip 3 and the Waldorf Astoria, and the ice rink in Central Park!! FUN!