Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Fun

Well I'm thankful to say that I think I am finally over the sickness that lingered for almost a full 7 days. Here's hoping that it's all the sickness that I'll have this winter. Friday was another long day at work and I was still not feeling well. I went home, did nothing and was in bed by 8:30 pm. But after a good 11 hours of sleep, I woke up feeling much better on Saturday. The weather was reminiscent of last weekend in Louisville (cold and rainy) so it was the perfect morning to lounge around and be lazy.

Saturday night was Jen's "un-birthday" party at a fairly new restaurant/bar called Agave. Despite the dreary weather, we had a good turnout. It was a great time of hanging out with friends, enjoying great cocktails and Mexican appetizers. We got about half the space on the heated patio and entertained ourselves for 4 hours. By 11 pm, the crowd was growing restless and the bar was over-crowded so some decided to continue to the party at The Stage, a favorite honky tonk. I unfortunately was having my usual "tummy issues" and decided to call it a night. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure that a good time was had by all and that Jen had a wonderful birthday week. Here are a couple of pictures from that night:



Me, Amy & Jen

Jen, Cathryn and Michelle


Sabrina, Jen and Paul


Because I was not feeling well, I had already decided on Saturday night that I would probably skip church on Sunday to get rest, but clearly it was intended that I go. I was awake (without an alarm) in plenty of time to go to Sunday School and church. To my delight, I walked outside to the tiniest flakes of snow falling from the sky. Ahh...I love winter! Anyways, It was great to be in Sunday School as it had been 3 weeks since I was in town to attend and good to share this special season with friends. William Guice spoke in church following "The Perfect Gift" teaching series with a message of HOPE. Hope, a desire anticipated by expectation, a promise of something to come...this little word,in all it's meaning, can be a boost of encouragement....something to maybe even get someone through another day. In a world where often times it seems that there is no hope, it was very refreshing to see a glimpse of Heavenly Hope.


"Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the LORD. " Psa. 31:24



My friend "Crazy" Amy and I spent Sunday evening celebrating Christmas. I was very proud of myself for accomplishing a Hashbrown casserole to go along with our pot roast, green beans and yummy yeast rolls. It was quite the little dinner spread. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine from Arrington Vineyards, exchanged gifts and baked chocolate chip cookie for dessert while we watched a holiday movie. It was another perfect way to end the weekend.


1 comment:

cathryn said...

See? Great photos! :)