Sunday, December 23, 2007

Good Times with Family

Christmas is just around the corner and I am having a great time back in Indiana with my family despite the fact that I am still battling this stubborn cold that will not go away. Yesterday morning I drove up from Nashville with Amy following me home. We unpacked and Amy and I spent the better part of the day finishing up some Christmas shopping and pampering ourselves with our favorite hairdresser, Julie. There is nothing like a great haircut and color. We did a couple more errands in the afternoon including a quick trip to the mall. Whew! Our cousin Tiffany came over for dinner with our family and we ate a delicious dinner from Pizza King. I puffy heart Pizza King. I had planned on going to see the late showing of the new movie "P.S. I Love You" with my sisters and Tiffany but I felt so bad that I ended up going to bed instead. Seriously, this cold can go away now!
This morning it was great to be back at Heritage Baptist Church. This is the church that my family has attended for as long as I can remember. My parents met at this church and it's all they have ever known. Afterwards, we had an impromptu rehearsal for a quartet performance at the Christmas Eve Candlelight service. I grew up singing in this church and am looking forward to singing there again. (Just another reason why this cold needs to go away!) After church, our family enjoyed a delicious cooked meal while watching the Indianapolis Colts game. My mom and I ventured out to do a couple quick errands and stopped for Starbucks and had great conversation. I am so thankful for my mom...she always has a listening ear and encouraging smile.
So I'm just vegging out at home right now and blogging while Amy and Elaysha have tickle wars in the living room. It's funny how ones laughter can be so contagious! Tonight I am getting together with my friend Tammy to celebrate birthdays and Christmas. I haven't seen her in a little over a year so I am excited to see her.
Good times!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am glad you're having fun with your family and friends. So sad about the cold...should we name it 'Jack' and tell it to 'hit the road'?