Monday, December 3, 2007

Good Times....

So I have to say that I had probably one of the busiest, yet most fun weekends I have had in a while. My friend Alabama Jen came into town on Friday night. Friday, itself, was probably one of the busiest days I have experienced at my job thus far not to mention I left there at 4:30 only to drive over to Pottery Barn Kids and work in the holiday retail setting that night with my best friend Caron. It made for a long day but it was so much fun.
Saturday after sleeping in, I took AL Jen to Percy Warner Park and introduced her to some hiking and the majestic stairs. I hope she doesn't hate me too much because those stairs (ancient stairs carved out of the side of a steep hill) are brutal to climb but she persevered with the best of them and never once complained. (I can't wait to hear her version :-) Needless to say we worked up an appetite, so we got cleaned up and drove to historic downtown Franklin. I took her to McCreary's Irish Pub, a favorite of mine and we finished lunch just in time to watch the Christmas Parade on Main Street and walked in some of the shops. It was a perfect relaxing way to spend the afternoon. Jen was working the Stevie Wonder concert at the Sommet Center that night so I dropped her off early and then my roommate and I enjoyed the concert that evening from the best seats in the house (4th row, center stage on the floor....VIP seating for sure). We even had a country celeb sitting right behind us. I mean, it was the best way to end an already perfect day.
And it just keeps on getting better...I won tickets at work on Friday to the Titans Game yesterday so I attended my first ever NFL game...club seats at the 50 yard line. What a way to watch my first game?!? I have pictures to post from the game but my computer was not cooperative last night at home, so I'll have to post them later.
Like I said, it was a weekend full of good times!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ha - your blog is so concise - mine's going to take forever to share. And trust me...you'll hear my version soon... ;)