Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another busy week...

Whew....I knew that this new job would keep me plenty busy. I have already been working for them for 2 full weeks and I must say that the days have flown by. Last week I spent almost every day in my downtown office. The family left for their Florida home at the end of the day on Thursday so this week I will switch gears and work from their home office everyday. I love the flexibility of this job.

So besides work this week, I did manage to go to a spinning class on Monday but never made it back to the gym :( BUT this week will be different as I'm long overdue to getting my rear in gear and getting back in shape. I can come up with a million excuses as to why I let myself go but there is no need....just know that tomorrow starts a new day and I will be in the gym at least 3 days this week...NO EXCUSES!

On Tuesday night I went with my friend Amy to Kairos again. The teaching was excellent but I have to say that the worship didn't seem at authentic as it was the first time I attended. It felt rather "show-y" and I just felt myself struggle to enter into a place of worship. On Wednesday night, I attended a showcase at the Rutledge of a wanna-be country artist. I met up with Amy there because one of her friends from California was playing guitar for this artists showcase. Amy's friend, Jefferson, was a super fun, cool guy. The artist he was playing for....well...my mother always told me if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all...so I won't say anything. All I will say, is that if you are trying to do the country music thing in the capital city of the country music you better bring your A game. Thursday night brought our little tradition of watching LOST on the big screen and enjoying scrumptious chocolate chip cookies. Friday night was the last night of our "When World Collides" study. We have met over the past 9 weeks so I am going to miss seeing everyone on a weekly basis BUT I am looking forward to having my Friday nights open again.

It's been a rather relaxing weekend though. After moving at warp speed during the week and being rather social, it's nice to not have much planned on the weekend. This helps me to get in some "alone" time and regroup for another fun week.

1 comment:

RU said...

I am understanding your "alone time" needs better than ever! We are in Chile and I have been exhausted being around a group of strangers 24/7. I skipped out on the morning activities just to get some down time for myself :)
I am so glad you are enjoying your new job!