Saturday, March 29, 2008

Running to Beat da Blues...

Well I am happy to report that I accomplished both goals at this mornings 5k...I was able to run the entire 3.1 mile course withOUT walking AND i believe my time should be around 32 minutes (final results haven't been posted yet) so that was a good way to start the day. What I didn't realize was how cold it was going to be outside this morning and I really wasn't dressed warm enough. Mind you, I warmed up just fine while running but hanging around before the race was chilling. A guy that I used to work with and about 4 of his friends were running so I was able to meet up with them and it's just more enjoyable to do a race when you have others there to hang with before and those to cheer you on at the finish line. AND call me crazy, but from the race I met up with Jennifer and my sister Amy at Percy Warner Park for a little hike/stair climbing action....another 50 minutes of work-out activity that included climbing 135 stone stairs (yes, I counted them) TWICE. Some call me an overachiever and I think "crazy" might be a better adjective. All I know....hopefully, I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning. I've taken my drugs so hopefully a good nights sleep with help my muscles recover. Nighty Night!

1 comment:

RU said...

Good job on achieving your goal: )
Keep up the running! Thank you for my thoughtful birthday gift, it really made my day.
Love RU