Monday, March 3, 2008

Sunny Sunday

We woke up to another day of beautiful blue skies and plenty of sunshine on Sunday...such a nice change from last weeks snow/icy rain showers. Days of weather like this weekend definitely give me "spring fever". Holly went with me to Sunday School before heading back to IN. It really was great to have her in town this weekend even though our time spent together went by way too fast. After church, Amy, Tracy and myself went to eat lunch at McCreary's Pub in downtown Franklin....their food is always so tasty! I really had hoped to head home and get some things accomplished before starting my first full day of work on Monday but to no avail, I ended up staying in Franklin and Amy, myself and Patrick ventured out to check out Arrington Vineyards. It was the perfect afternoon to sit outside in the company of friends and enjoy a great bottle of wine and great conversations. Here are a couple pictures from the afternoon:

Amy & Patrick & Terah

A cool shot of the wall logo inside the winery

The view from our table, outside on the patio

Another group shot...thanks to Patrick's long arm...





Obviously, we ended up spending all afternoon there and watching the beautiful sunset. Not how I had originally planned to spend my afternoon but sometimes those spontaneous moments in life are just what you needed. Needless to say, by the time I got home and talked to my family and made dinner it was close to 8 o'clock and my ambition to do things at home dwindled fast. It was such a good weekend.

1 comment:

cathryn said...

I love wineries! Looks like a nice one, too - I'll have to check it out one of these days. Your weekend sounds pretty perfect to me (MUCH better than moving!) :)