Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm Baaack.....

I've been meaning to write all week long and yet I realized that it's been a week today since I last posted anything. Whew....this past week has FLOWN by. Let's see...

I have a complete week of my new job under my belt and it's been BUSY but fantastic. I can't believe how much we have already accomplished and trust me, this is just the beginning...there is LOTS to do. It really is a perfect fit for my personality. Everyday I wake up and feel incredibly blessed to have this opportunity to serve this family and call it my "job". Some of you have asked me what it is exactly that I do? Well, it's really a little bit of everything...run errands, work on event planning stuff, networking for my boss, administrative duties and that's just the what I did last week. One of my first "assignments" was working on a guest list. The guest list was for a fashion show that a local magazine hosted to benefit ten Nashville non-profit organizations (and yes, I got to attend). It was a fun event, wonderful people and fabulous fashion. After watching years of "Project Runway", I can appreciate the details and attention that it requires to make a garment and to see that craftsmanship in person was amazing. And the organization that my boss works with won a monetary donation for having the highest attendance :) And this is what I now call "work"...I can already tell you with a work schedule that now varies from day to day, good time management is going to be critical. And more importantly, I'm going to have to find the balance with work and personal time.

My weekend has been pretty low key and relaxing. Just what I needed after a busy first week of the new job. Friday night was my Bible study group and then a fun drive home in the "big" snow (3 inches). And yes, it took me about an hour and a half to drive 30 miles (people in the south don't drive well in snow). Saturday was a day of total vegetation and then a "babysitting" gig like no other. It was actually a teamed babysitting gig and once my friend Cathryn blogs about it, I'll give you the link to read about it. It's sure to be quite hilarious...I haven't quite the words...just stay tuned to read all about it. Today was church and then a church planning meeting and with the time change, it was after 5 by the time I got home. Whew! Just enough time to come home, eat dinner and get everything together for another work week. It's past my bedtime as I'm actually going in "early" to my office downtown tomorrow. Nighty Night...

2 comments:

Gibbarella said...

Project Runway is my favorite. I heart Christian.

Jen said...

I love it! I can't wait to hear more about your job and all the fun stuff!!!!