Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Elevator Conversation

At my last place of employment, I rarely took the elevator as our office was located on the 2nd floor. But now, since my office is on the 10th floor, the elevator (in my mind) is the only way to get to my office. I can't even tell you where the stairs are in this building. I come into the building from the alley so I start my ride in the basement. There are other companies in this building so when you are arriving in the morning and riding the elevator, you'll usually stop on the main floor and pick up others going up.
Yesterday morning, myself and another gentleman (we'll call him #1) started our ride from the basement. We stopped at the main floor to pick up another gentleman (#2). As soon as #2 came on, #1 clearly knew #2 and began thanking him for "covering for him the other day, etc, etc". #2, clearly not being a morning person from his beshelved appearance and tight grasp on the coffee cup, replied in a polite manner, "no problem, any time...". It was at this moment that #1 reached the 4th floor and exited the elevator. As soon as the doors shut, #2 looked at me and said "I have no idea who that was or what he was talking about"...and I couldn't help but giggle. I told #2 that it was too early to really carry on any conversation and the best response was to just grin and nod. By this time we reached the 8th floor and #2 exited in the most friendly manner and wished me a good day.

I would have never thought that riding the elevator could be so much fun....

3 comments:

Gibbarella said...

That sounds like a real life Seinfeld moment to me.

Unknown said...

I love this blog just for what it is!

cathryn said...

So, was he being serious with his "I have no idea who that was..." comment? Or was he just flirting with the cute blonde in the elevator? ;)