Friday, March 28, 2008

Sleepy times...

How sad is it that it's 10:23 on a Friday night and I can barely keep my eyes open writing this? There is something to be said about getting older...I think that your body requires more sleep as your age increases. I mean I could NEVER stay up late on a "school" night and function properly the next day at work. Sadly, if I wasn't waiting for my sister to arrive from FL, I would already be fast asleep. Nevertheless, I thought I would write a little to wait up for her.

The past two days have been super busy at work...mostly I am helping my boss right now plan an event along with some campaigning for a non-profit organization and helping her get organized for a big trip this summer overseas. All very different and fun things to "work" on. Some days it hardly seems like work. Needless to say that I am still thoroughly enjoying my job.

Well like I previously predicted, I will not be winning this years March Madness Bracket. I still have a couple teams left and of course my overall winning team, North Carolina, is still in it but I have missed to many games in the tourney. It's still fun to watch the games and I love to cheer on the underdog ( GO DAVIDSON ! ). Monday is always a big day in sports (one clue: MLB)...that's right baseball fans....it's opening day and I am ready for hopefully another great season. GO CUBBIES!

AND tomorrow I am going to attempt to run in a 5k race called "Running to Beat the Blues" benefiting the Mental Health Association of Middle Tennessee. The race is at Centennial Park and should be a pretty flat course through the park. I've really only been run/walking the past 2 weeks so my personal goal for tomorrow is two fold: to finish in under 33 minutes (a slow 11 minute/mile pace) and to run the 3.1 miles withOUT walking. I will post my results tomorrow....

No comments: