Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Already Wednesday....

Well I must say that despite not having a shorter week like some that got the holiday off, this week is going by surprisingly fast. One week from tomorrow will be my last day at TMP and then I start my new job on the 29th. As each day passes, I get more excited about my new gig and I can't wait to get started as I know that we will hit the ground running with lots to do.

Monday night I finally manged to drag myself back to the gym. I ran a couple times in January when we had nice weather outside but it seemed like everytime I would run, then I would come down with a cold or the flu. I still have a lingering cough/runny nose but it's time to push through and get back in shape. I went to the 5:45 spin class on Monday night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought that I wouldn't be able to get off the bike when the class was over but luckily that wasn't the case. I should have lingered to do free weights but I told myself that 45 minutes of cardio was a good place to start and called it a night. I'm heading back tonight to hit the treadmill. My running base is pretty non-existant at the moment and I've got to get it back. I know it might sound crazy to most, but I really do enjoy a good run. I had hoped to do the Country Music Half Marathon this year because I missed it last year but with being sick and not already having a good core running base I don't think I could train properly given that it's only 9 weeks away :(

Last night, I met up with my friends Crazy Amy, Heather and Brianna at Jackson's Bar & Bistro. This is probably one of my favorite places to hang out in Hillsboro Village. I was the first one to arrive so while I was waiting for our table, I sat at the bar and watched the IU Basketball game. I struck up a fun conversation with two guys sitting there thanks to the recent ordeals of the IU coach Kelvin Sampson and his NCAA violations. Truth be told, I don't really watch too much NCAA Men's Basketball until March Madness begins. I do know that in the early season there was much talk about IU having the potential to have a great season but I've heard they've lost some big games and are ranked at #15 right now. I just hope that they are able to stay focused and not get dragged down by the investigations into their coaching staff. Anywho, the girls arrived shortly thereafter and we spent almost 3 hours just catching up and hanging out. We had such a good time that we've decided to make this a monthly ritual. I am so thankful for these new found friendships.

No comments: