Friday, February 29, 2008

First Friday

Well my Friday was filled with many firsts...first time to experience a root canal and first day of my new job.
I can think of many better ways to begin my Friday but due to multiple factors this (root canal) had to be taken care of ASAP. It went fine but I was a lot more sore than when I had the pulpotomy done on Monday. The worst part was the multiple shots of anesthesia that I had. I think the shot points in my mouth, gum and roof of my mouth were more sore than the actually tooth that was fixed. I was also sad to learn that this was only the root canal which means I have to make another appointment with my dentist to get a crown for the tooth. And I won't be able to take care of this until my new insurance kicks in (30 days).
I went straight from the dental chair to my new job :) It was a fairly easy first day, more like orientation i guess. We went over what this upcoming weeks schedule will look like and prioritized things that will need to be done first thing Monday. In the afternoon, I did some errands and then was off by 4:30 pm. Not bad for the first day. I had more time than planned so I chatted with my parents and came home to rest before heading to our Friday night study group. Study was good but I was so exhausted from the day's events that I bolted as soon as study was over around 9 and came home. I can't recall the last time that I was in bed, actually asleep before 10 o'clock.

No comments: