Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Activities

Saturday was a day filled with many fun activities. I slept in a little and started off the day by doing things around the house like laundry and cleaning my room and bathroom. I got myself ready and packed a small overnight bag and headed to Franklin to spend the rest of the day with my friends from church. I met up with Amy around 2:00 and we went to the matinee and saw "Step Up 2: The Streets". The dancing in that movie was unbelievable...this is why i enjoyed watching Justin Timberlake in concert..he too is an amazing dancer. We then went back to her place and just had some down time for a while before dinner and meeting up with other friends for our Singles Outing. We planned an "Ice" theme evening of skating and ice cream and invited the singles from another church in town. We had about 17 total show up and it was a great time of fun and fellowship. Here are a couple of pictures from the rink:

Amy, myself and Brianna....ready to skate

I just landed a perfect triple axel....NOT

Patrick was SUPER excited about his hot cocoa

Tracy, Brianna, Jill (front) and Becky and Amy (back)

After we finished skating we headed over to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert. So yummy :) We closed Cold Stone down at 10 o'clock and said our goodbyes but for Amy and I our night was just beginning. After a quick stop by her place to change, we were back on the road headed for downtown. We met up with her friend Jen and went to Crossroads to see Jen's boyfriend play. Patrick met up with us at Crossroads and then we went to Paradise Park to see another band play. It was fun but I am quickly reminded why I don't go downtown very often. There were so many people out and the abundance of the vandy/belmont kids gets old fast. As Patrick put it, it felt like we were in an episode of The Hills.;) Patrick walked us to our car but we ended up stopping at "WannaBe's", a karaoke bar, to see if his friends were still there. Patrick and I got to watch the most interesting karaoke version of a Snoop Dogg classic while Amy was in the ladies room. GOOD TIMES! After all was said and done, we got back to Amy's a little after 2 am and I had no problem falling fast asleep. And despite staying up rather late, we still both got up on Sunday morning and made it to Sunday School at 9:30...of course it took a Starbucks stop on the way to church but nevertheless. After SS and Church, I headed back to Bellevue and did nothing but watch a movie and rest. Jen was gone this weekend to Memphis so she got back around 5 pm and we caught up and then watched some of the Oscars before calling it a night.

No comments: