Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's a small world after all...

So i have to share this story with you all....it's such a small world. It starts back in the later part of 1998 when I moved out to Colorado. When I moved out to Colorado to live with my best friend Ruthann, I became involved immediately with the college and career group at Pulpit Rock Church. I met some great friends through this community. One specific person that I met was Dean. He and I were both involved in the worship team and became friends. When I left Colorado in 2002, Dean was still in Colorado. Fast forward to last November of 2007 when my friend Suzanne visited from Colorado. She informed me that Dean had moved and was living in Nashville, doing the music thing. I was brand new to the whole "myspace" movement but was able to find him online and we basically chatted via myspace, text, etc. but with his busy touring schedule we had yet to find a time to hang out. NOW, fast forward with me one last time to this past weekend. My friend Crazy Amy had a friend visiting from LA. They both went to church with a guy named Steve Hankins. For whatever reason, he has been trying to set up Amy's friend and we he heard that she was visiting Nashville, he told her that she should meet his friend Dean. (that's right, one in the same and I also knew Steve from the Colorado group, back in the day....meanwhile Crazy Amy has no idea that I know these people) So Amy and her friend end up meeting Dean and some of his friends out on Sunday night. When Amy goes home and pulls him up on myspace, she sees a comment that I left him and everthing comes full circle.

When I went out with the girls on Tuesday, Amy precedes to tell me about meeting this guy who I also know. I think my reaction was like "NO WAY"....ooh the tangled webs we weave. She also mentions that he invited her out to a show on Wednesday night where he would be so I told her that we were totally going. SO, last night Amy and I met up at my place and then headed downtown to eat dinner and catch the show. We ate at this great place next to The Rutledge called "Fiesta Mexicana"...so delicious. AND they have the most fun booths ever....

From there we headed over to the Rutledge and even though the flyer stated that it started at 7:30 we were a tad bit early. So when Dean arrived with his friends, Amy went to say hello and told him that she brought a friend that he had to meet. "Surprise"....it was so good to see him and thus we shared how we were all connected. It really is such a small world! We ended up moving tables to sit over by him and his friends. And I have to say, that he still gives the best hugs ever!Nevertheless, we got to see all 3 acts and the music was phenominal. The first group The Undeserving were incredible. And all male band with a cool California rock sound laced with keys and guitars....I liked every song that I heard (which is a rarity). Then we got to see Emily DeLoache. She is one of those artists that you see and are blown away by the voice that comes out and with her stage prescence, Amy and I both agreed quickly that she was precious with a capital P. We talked to her after her set and of course her husband (who is also a musician and played and sang with her) is friends with Dean. Then last but not least was Dean's cousin Andrew Osenga. I saw him play at last years "Behold the Lamb" with Andrew Peterson. He is an incredible guitar player and has an amazing voice. It was an evening of great music, catching up with old friends and hanging out with new friends :)

No comments: