Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another weekend...

Another weekend is almost over and another work week is about to start. Good times (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?)

Friday night was another good time at our "When Worldviews Collide" study group. This study has been quite good thus far and it seems like our discussions at the group are challenging and yet thought provoking. Saturday morning I slept in and woke up to another headache. For the past couple of mornings, I have woke up with a headache which I assume is thanks to the every changing weather and the differnent fronts that keep passing through. Jen was in the Green Hills area doing errands so I met up with her for brunch at Noshville . It's one of my favorite local places to eat and I dont go as often as I would like. I then came back to the house and later caught an afternoon mattinee of 27 Dresses. What a great movie...I didn't expect to laugh that much but I mean, can't we (us girls at least) relate to all those horrible bridesmaids dresses we've worn in our friends weddings and the infamous line of "you can shorten it, and wear it again"...Whatever?!? :) That was just one thing of the movie that I could relate to but there was so much more and I definitely will be owning this one.

Saturday afternoon I got to catch up with my friend Randi via phone and I also picked up a couple of movies at Blockbuster to enjoy a nice, relaxing evening at home. From the recommendation of Jen, I saw ONCE. It's an independent film by Fox Searchlight and it's excellent. The relationship between these two characters and the music....the music is fantastic. I would highly recommend watching this film. I also watched "3:10 to Yuma". I had heard great things about it and I love western movies. And well lets be honest, a movie with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe....enough said :)

Sunday was a day of crazy weather and church. I woke up around 5 am to crazy wind and rain outside. When i went to church it was still raining and windy. What good is an umbrella if it gets blown inside out? I got to church a little late and felt like a wet dog. We've been following a video study by Andy Stanley on "Taking it to the Limits: living your life with margin". It's been good. When we came out of church it was like a beautiful spring day...Blue skies, puffy clouds and temps in the 70's. Today was our singles luncheon and we ate at Logan's Roadhouse. I got home around 2:30 and couldnt help but enjoy the lovely afternoon so I sat outside on the deck and did some homework for our worldviews study, listened to some tunes and wrote in my journal. By the time 4:00 rolled around, the sunshine was gone and the clouds and cooler air was moving in. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be in the 30's. And we wonder why so many people have been sick? Go figure....

Tomorrow is President's Day and for some that means a long weekend but for me, well it's back to work. But I'm not bitter...ha ha.

1 comment:

cathryn said...

I just heard that song "Falling Slowly" from ONCE. That song alone makes me want to see the movie!